Location: Calgary, AB
Working in a collaborative team environment, the commercial analyst will be responsible and accountable for developing and maintaining Kingston Marketing’s centralized database and critical operations as part of the Marketing and Optimization team. The incumbent will work closely with our traders, updating various platforms on a daily and monthly basis, as well as help maintain the integrity of Marketing and Optimizations models. In addition, the successful candidate will help the team build market fundamental models to help develop a forward view of the market and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop and maintain central pricing database with daily and monthly settlement
- Responsible for pricing integrity from deal entry to settlement process
- Assist in building market fundamentals models
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- Develop analytical tools to help produce risk metrics to quantify and monitor market risk
- Prepare detailed presentations and reports, including statistical graphing and charting
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant discipline.
- 5 years+ of industry experience with a variety of energy markets including crude oil, NGL’s, LPG, and refined products, as well as pipeline, rail, and truck transportation.
- Strong team player and self starter with strong analytical skills and excel modeling skills.
- Working knowledge of Egistix.
- Solid understanding of the principles of statistics, mathematics, economics, and finance.
- Proven aptitude to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to changing and conflicting demands, responsibilities and issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical and business information to a range of internal/external audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.