Location: Estevan, SK
Reporting to the Vice President of Projects, Engineering and Integrity, the Construction Manager is accountable for the leadership, oversight, direction, and support of construction coordinators, schedulers, and contract inspectors to ensure Kingston Midstream’s construction activities are safely implemented in accordance with approved project scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Lead the project construction team with activities related to the maintenance, upgrade and expansion of the pipeline and facilities including inspections, schedules, quality control and reports.
- Provide oversight of departmental activities to ensure compliance of Kingston Midstream’s Safety and Loss Management System’s (SLMS) health, safety and environmental policies, company engineering and construction standards, regulatory requirements and applicable legislation.
- Lead, plan and direct staff and contract inspectors to achieve short and long-term corporate and department goals.
- Prioritize department work activities, assess resource levels, evaluate and improve productivity.
- Manage and guide the development of direct and indirect reports.
- Develop, implement and execute department initiatives and objectives including maintenance and continuous improvement of department construction processes and procedures.
- Provide on-call, emergency response, and other incident related leadership, technical support and guidance as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in the oil industry related to construction management and inspection.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to manage and initiate change.
- Bachelor’s degree or related technical/trade qualification from an accredited post-secondary school preferred.
- Familiarity with all areas and aspects of pipeline transmission systems; knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability of contractor and project stakeholder relations.
- Excellent team player with a demonstrated ability to lead and work with diverse groups.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with an ability to innovate and problem solve.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page.