Director, Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) and Records & Information Management (RIM)
Location: Calgary, AB
The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate wide information systems, technology, information management planning and strategy through the leadership of two teams: IS&T and RIM. The position provides strategic and operational direction for planning, prioritization, design, implementation and maintenance of all services within the two portfolios while ensuring services are provided on time and within budget. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will build strong relationships with the Executive’s, internal business partners, and external service partners to understand business needs, opportunities, and develop strategies that will best support and complement the long-term strategy of Kingston Midstream.
- Lead the Information Systems & Technology organization, including IT Strategy, IT Operations Management, Infrastructure & Network services, Application & Data services, End-user services and Digital/Cyber Security Program.
- Lead the Records & Information Management organization, including the Information Management strategy/program, service management and RIM support services.
- Oversee the company’s Safety Loss Management Programs related to IT Security and Information Management and Security.
- Champion and facilitate the company’s Business Continuity Plan and response readiness.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders to ensure consistency of applications and appropriate process and data integration considerations by creating, maintaining, and establishing process, framework, standards for selecting and implementing systems solutions.
- Analyze complex business needs and recommend and provide guidance on process, systems and/or technology solutions; identify and evaluate vendor contracts and assists with final purchase decisions.
- Develop, manage and be accountable for IS&T and RIM budgets, forecasts, performance and costs.
- Direct team using a pragmatic approach to optimize service and solution delivery while establishing consistencies and strong relationships.
- Support employee performance management, goals, service delivery performance measures, KPIs, metric reporting.
- Travel to field offices
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 20 years of experience in information technology/information systems (IT/IS), with a minimum of 10 years leading all IT disciplines as a Head of IT of a corporate IT/IS team.
- Proven experience leading a corporate Records and Information Management function; solid understanding of RIM strategies, standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Experience leading “Cloud first” IT organizations will be considered an asset; preferably with Office 365, Azure Cloud Services, and the Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Energy industry related experience is required.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of technical environments including OT/ICS/ SCADA, typical energy company corporate business systems, and larger enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience with demand management for IT services/projects and moving them through a framework of prioritization, decision making, solution planning, and implementation, support.
- Positive “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, providing an ability to build relationships and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Proven mentoring and coaching experience leading senior, experienced IT Leaders as direct reports.
- Goal and results oriented, can succeed in a fast-paced team environment.
- Thrives in an environment that is undergoing constant change, yet understands that patience, planning and influence is required to be successful.
- Remain current with IT best practices, laws, policies and regulations.
- Experience working with head office and field organizations and regionally unique work environments.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.