Electrical Engineering Co-op Student
Location: Estevan, Saskatchewan
The successful candidate will provide support to Kingston Midstream engineers who are responsible for the design and project management of capital and expense projects relating to the maintenance and upgrade of liquid pipelines and facilities. Projects typically include maintenance, upgrade, electrical, and control projects.
Note: This is a 12 month co-op placement beginning May 2021.
- Support project managers with their work and complete assigned tasks which could include:
- Research and summarize applicable codes, standards, and regulations on an assigned item.
- Prepare scope, designs, specifications, estimates, and documentation and have them approved by the relevant stakeholders for projects.
- Draft regulatory applications or notifications to be submitted for approvals.
- Construct electrical drawing packages for electrical projects and review with stakeholders to ensure compliance and proper installation.
- Prepare specifications and work with supply chain management to procure materials and services in accordance with the Company’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and compile documents and procedures needed for the safe execution of work.
- Conduct site inspections during construction.
- Maintain project schedules, monitor cost tracking, update project forecasts and estimated in-service dates, place projects in service, and complete project status reports.
- Review construction quality control packages for completion and accuracy.
- Provide technical and non-technical support on operational and engineering matters; execute requests from Management and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Work with stakeholders to develop project justification, economics, and alternatives analysis in evaluating project feasibility.
- Potential opportunities to lead projects under the direction of a project manager which could include:
- Plan and implement work in accordance with Company requirements, regulatory requirements, and applicable legislation.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external departments, consultants, and contractors to ensure that the project scope, schedule, and budget meet company objectives.
- Occasional day travel throughout the Kingston Midstream pipeline system to scope projects, meet with stakeholders, monitor construction, or assist with commissioning activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Enrollment in an Engineering program at a qualified education institution; Electrical discipline is preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis, including both office and field staff.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, please submit your resume, cover letter and transcripts using the form on this page.