Engineering Co-op Student – Integrity Projects
Location: Estevan, Saskatchewan
The successful candidate will provide support to Kingston Midstream engineers who are responsible for the integrity of liquids pipelines and facilities. The primary focus of this position will be supporting the Integrity Projects team with the development and execution of integrity projects, including inspection, evaluation and repair of pipelines and facilities.
This is a 12 month co-op position beginning May 2021.
- Support Program Managers and Project Managers and complete assigned tasks which could include:
- Prepare scope, design, estimates, and documentation to obtain approval and funding for assigned projects.
- Obtain regulatory approvals.
- Prepare designs and specifications and have them approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Procure materials and services in accordance with the Company’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and compile documents needed for the safe execution of the work.
- Complete site inspections during construction.
- Maintain project schedules, monitor cost tracking, update project forecasts and estimated inservice dates, place projects in service, and complete project status reports.
- Review quality control packages upon completion of construction to ensure conformance with requirements.
- Provide technical and non-technical support on integrity matters and execute requests from Management and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Potential opportunities to lead projects under the direction of a project manager which could include:
- Plan and implement work in accordance with the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies, Company engineering and construction standards, regulatory requirements, and applicable legislation.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external departments, consultants, and contractors, including those outside the incumbent’s engineering discipline, to ensure that the project scope, schedule, and budget meet company objectives.
- Occasional day travel throughout the Kingston Midstream pipeline system to scope projects, meet with stakeholders or monitor construction.
Skills and Qualifications
- Enrollment in an Engineering program at a qualified education institution.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis, including both office and field staff.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, please submit your resume using the form on this page.