Integrity Risk Specialist
Location: Estevan, SK or Calgary, AB with frequent travel to/from Estevan
The successful incumbent will develop, implement, maintain and facilitate the use of Kingston Midstream’s overall integrity risk management process, including identification and measurement or estimation of integrity risks and the analysis of financial impacts.
- Develop, implement, maintain and communicate integrity risk policies, models and methodologies related to pipeline and facility assets in alignment with the Company’s Safety and Loss Management System. Devise systems and processes to maintain input data quality and monitor validity of risk management system outputs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather risk data, complete risk assessments, identify risks that exceed the Company’s risk tolerance, and facilitate the evaluation and recommendation of effective risk management strategies.
- Facilitate use of risk assessments in conjunction with budgetary planning to ensure that available capital is deployed in a manner that effectively manages exposure to risks.
- Support statistical analysis of integrity data to be used as part of risk-based decision processes.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on integrity risk management, including the strategies and methods employed to assess and mitigate risk.
- Track, measure, and report on aspects of risk, with reports tailored to relevant audiences
- Monitor relevant legislation and industry standards, and support the analysis of changes to determine impact on risk exposure.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Risk Management or another relevant area with applicable experience. At least 10 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated risk management responsibilities. Previous pipeline integrity, engineering or operations experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Provincial legislation, and related industry standards.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills, including an ability to perform statistical analysis on complex and occasionally incomplete data sets and evaluating alterative solutions and recommendations.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to convey technical and complex information to a range of audiences either verbally, in writing, or through presentations.
The following skills, qualifications or attributes will be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with IRAS RiskAnalyst software for pipeline risk assessment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant API Standards and Recommended Practices related to above ground storage tanks (API-653), pressure vessels and pressure piping (ASME BPVC, ASME B31.3, API-510, API-570, API-580 etc.)
- An ability to understand the actions necessary to improve or correct performance relative to Company goals and objectives and assess how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment may affect outcomes.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.