Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student – Engineering Services
Location: Estevan, Saskatchewan
The successful candidate will provide support to Kingston Midstream engineers and project managers with the design and management of capital and expense projects relating to the maintenance, upgrade, and expansion of liquid pipelines and facilities. The primary focus will be supporting the engineering team with executing and developing a suite of projects and programs.
This is a 12 month co-op position beginning May 2021.
- Support engineers and project managers with assigned tasks which could include:
- Prepare scope, design, estimates, and documentation to obtain approval and funding for assigned projects.
- Obtain regulatory approvals.
- Prepare designs and specifications and have them approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Procure materials and services in accordance with the Company’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and compile documents needed for the safe execution of the work.
- Complete site inspections during construction.
- Maintain project schedules, monitor cost tracking, update project forecasts and estimated in-service dates, place projects in service, and complete project status reports.
- Provide technical and non-technical support on operational matters, engineering matters and execute requests from Management and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Potential opportunities to lead projects under the direction of a project manager which could include:
- Plan and implement work in accordance with the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies, Company engineering and construction standards, regulatory requirements, and applicable legislation.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external departments, consultants, and contractors, including those outside the incumbent’s engineering discipline, to ensure that the project scope, schedule, and budget meet company objectives.
- Occasional day travel throughout the Kingston Midstream pipeline system to scope projects or monitor construction.
Skills and Qualifications
- Enrollment in a Mechanical or Industrial Engineering program at a qualified education institution.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis, including both office and field staff.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.