Safety and Loss Management System (SLMS) Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Calgary, AB
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Kingston Midstream’s Safety and Loss Management System (SLMS) Quality Assurance Program, to meet the management system requirements set out in the Canadian Energy Regulator Onshore Pipeline Regulations (OPR), and CSA Z662-19.
- Develop and implement SLMS Quality Assurance Program processes including those related to inspecting and monitoring; identifying and taking corrective and preventive actions; and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the SLMS.
- Implement the internal audit process to meet the requirements under OPR section 53 and 55, coordinate and supervise auditors, inspectors, and subject matter experts when required.
- Develop the internal audit cycle and audit plans for the Program Audits of Core Protection Programs.
- Develop Corrective and Preventative Action Plans (CAPAPs) in partnership with internal Core Protection Programs to address audit and inspection findings.
- Facilitate the SLMS annual management review and develop the Annual Report in partnership with the Regulatory Manager.
- Support the development, implementation and training of management system elements that overlap and/or complement the Quality Assurance Program.
- Annually review all processes in the Quality Assurance Program; develop work plans and budgets to implement improvements as required.
- Participate in incident investigations, prepare incident reports and CAPAs, as required.
- Provide input into the legal registry, and hazard inventory and risk registry.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Engineering, Risk Management, Environmental Sciences or relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of energy, liquid pipelines and storage facilities (design, construction & operations) experience.
- Proven program and general compliance audit experience; auditing certification is considered an asset.
- Experience developing and implementing management system programs and processes that met the requirements of CSA Z662 and the OPR.
- Experience in conducting incident investigations and preparing incident reports.
- Proficient in data collection, QA/QC, data interpretation, analysis and summary using Microsoft Excel.
- High degree of personal initiative to work effectively both independently and as part of a multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to translate complex technical and business information to a range of internal/external audiences.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page.