Superintendent, Operations East
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the successful candidate will be accountable for the leadership, safety, reliability and operational management of approximately 1200 km of our east (Cromer, Carlyle and Alida) Gathering Systems, Cromer terminal, Alida terminal and the West Cromer butane terminal that includes major block values and truck unload facilities. This position will be responsible for the management and development of six direct reports, oversee the Operations East team of approximately 30 staff and provide indirect leadership to supporting departments such as maintenance.
- Develop and align the Area Operations goals and objectives with Pipeline Operations and Corporate strategies.
- Provide input into strategic direction of Pipeline Area Operations based on area growth strategies.
- Provide leadership, management and technical guidance of daily operations.
- Review Area LRP capital, maintenance, and expense spending to meet financial targets with consideration to the risk matrix.
- Facilitate the performance review process with direct reports and indirect reports.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders including producers.
- Liaise with Asset Management and Business Development to review customer growth opportunities and enhancement strategies.
- Maintain an efficient communication conduit between pipeline operations, field operations, midstream operations and corporate departments.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in pipeline operations, upstream oil and gas sector or other related area.
- Bachelor’s degree or related technical/trade qualification from an accredited post-secondary school.
- Located within the Estevan or surrounding communities with the ability to make frequent visits to field sites in the Carlyle/Alida/Cromer/Virden operational areas.
- Strong practical knowledge of Pipeline and Terminal Operations methodologies and practices.
- Strong internal customer focus.
- Proven ability to lead, initiate and manage change.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to innovate, problem solve and negotiate.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page.