Treasury and Risk Analyst
Location: Calgary, AB
The successful candidate will be accountable for supporting Kingston Midstream’s Treasury and Risk Requirements. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing cash and liquidity forecasts, developing and maintaining risk models (Exposure, MTM, PnL Attribution) as well as tracking daily counterparty exposure including managing security negotiations.
- Prepare and analyze reports on liquidity positions and forecasts.
- Resolve day-to-day settlement issues with the banks and Accounting department.
- Ensure compliance with Treasury’s policies and procedures.
- Create, improve, and maintain worksheets used to assess exposures, hedge positions, etc.
- Execute approved FX and energy hedge strategies with counterparties.
- Provide support to treasury operations, reviews processes and recommend process improvements.
- Contribute and support daily risk reporting for internal requirements.
- Develop and maintain Exposure and MTM models.
- Partner with Crude/NGL commercial business units to obtain/disseminate commodity trading data.
- Prepare detailed presentations and reports, including statistical graphing and charting.
- Conduct individual counterparty reviews and recommendations.
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly reporting and monitoring requirements; develop ad-hoc analysis as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary degree in Business, Risk or other relevant discipline
- CPA, MBA or CFA designation
- Minimum 5 years of direct Crude Risk and/or Treasury experience
- Proven experience using analytical tools to create and maintain risk models (Exposure and MTM)
- Ability to work through large volumes of information to provide in depth analysis and results using Excel and Power BI
- Solid understanding of financial systems and processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences
- Proven experience delivering engaging and influential presentations using PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.