Location: Cromer, Manitoba
Reporting to the Foreman, Electrical/Measurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the electrical function to Kingston Midstream and provide technical electrical expertise for the gathering system and Cromer Truck Terminal to optimize production processes and eliminate operational downtime.
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance of breakers, starters, VFD’s, motors and electrical equipment.
- Provide expertise to project leaders involving all new electrical and upgrades of Manitoba Hydro/SPR equipment.
- Recognize abnormal operating conditions and perform tasks to resolve the condition.
- Complete all maintenance record keeping and ensure all related maintenance information is available and documented in Azzier.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of Kingston Midstream’s Preventative Maintenance program.
- Liaison with various groups with the commissioning of new facilities to meet in service dates.
- Provide expertise with LACT monitors, samplers, and associated problems.
- Execute projects including sourcing of materials, managing of contractors, attend Hazops and work with Engineering and Construction through to completion including commissioning.
- Train and mentor junior and apprentice electricians within the group.
- Participate in a rotating on-call system to ensure 24/7 availability of the Manitoba Hydro/SPR system and respond to emergency situations.
- Ensure operations and maintenance activities remain within the guidelines of company Health/Safety and Environment Standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Journeyman Red Seal/Interprovincial Industrial Electrical Certificate
- High school diploma or GED required
- Familiarity with all areas and aspects of pipeline gathering operations is an asset
- Possess strong interpersonal, team work and communications skills required
- Strong team player and able work with minimal supervision
- Strong Computer skills
- Proven analytical skills for problem solving
- Possess valid Class V drivers’ license and a clean drivers’ abstract
- Excellent judgement and safety conscious
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted