Manager, Enhancement and Sustainment Projects
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Vice President – Projects, Engineering and Integrity, the successful candidate is responsible for leading the Enhancement and Sustainable Projects team in building strong relationships with both internal business partners and external service partners to understand business needs, evaluate opportunities, and effectively develop and deliver projects that will best support and complement Kingston Midstream’s long-term strategy.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of growth and sustainment capital projects including concept evaluation, proposal, scope definition, risk assessment/mitigation, cost and schedule control, and the timely communication of project status to various levels of the organization.
- Lead the facilitation with other departments to define project needs, requirements, and resources.
- Select and liaise with third party consultants to support execution of Kingston’s Capital Projects Program.
- Lead the development of high-quality, fit-for purpose project execution and construction practices and procedures to minimize life-cycle costs.
- Support Kingston’s Construction Manager in third-party construction management and inspection for safe and successful project execution.
- Develop, manage and be accountable for department key performance metric reporting, budgeting and operating costs.
- Lead team using a pragmatic approach to optimize project delivery while establishing execution consistencies and strong stakeholder relationships.
- Support employee goal development and manage employee performance.
- Advocate for safety and environmental initiatives and promote a strong safety culture.
- Travel to field offices is required.
Skills and Qualifications
- P.Eng. designation in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience executing and managing Oil and Gas facility and pipeline projects
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience managing employees and third-party service providers
- Broad-based experience with pipeline and facility assets, with focus on midstream operations
- Proven facility and pipeline project management skills, experience, and accomplishments
- Familiarity with CSA Z662-19, CER Onshore Pipeline Regulation and Western Canadian Provincial legislation
- Proven leadership in capital project program development and execution through continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent written, interpersonal and collaboration skills with all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker with an ability to innovate, problem solve and negotiate
- Goal and result oriented, can succeed in a dynamic fast-paced team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced proficiency using Excel and Word
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume using the form on this page.