Location: Calgary, AB or Estevan, SK
Reporting to the Manager, Enhancement & Sustainment Projects the Project Engineer will execute projects in the Sustainment & Integrity Management Program. This successful candidate will be accountable to manage projects in accordance with approved scope, schedule and budget while ensuring that all activities are conducted in compliance with Kingston Midstream policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Execute projects in a manner that develops and maintains sound relationships with customers, contractors, regulators, communities, landowners, and other significant stakeholders.
- Plan and execute engineering, construction and maintenance activities in accordance with the Company’s health, safety & environmental standards, design specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Plan, develop, and design project scopes, budgets, and schedules to execute integrity and sustainment projects safely and effectively. Quality considerations include industry standards as well as Kingston Midstream standards and specifications.
- Daily management of project activities as part of planning, designing and safely executing a variety of system projects. Fully accountable for assessment, planning, management, and execution of select projects.
- Direct the efforts of internal and external departments, consultants, and contractors, including those outside of the engineering discipline, to ensure that project scopes, project schedules, and project budgets meet company objectives.
- Execute select Capital and Expense projects up to $2,000,000; provide support to Project Manager for major projects on occasion.
- Manage sustainment and integrity projects such as: piping upgrades, rotating equipment upgrades, measurement and metering projects, tank or vessel projects, cathodic protection, pipeline depth of cover, geohazards, pipeline or tank repairs, pipeline or tank or facility inspections.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Mechanical, Electrical or Civil discipline preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer within Canada; eligible for registration with APEGS or APEGM.
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible engineering experience related to pipeline and facility integrity and pipeline operations.
- Familiarity with CSA Z662, National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations, and Saskatchewan and Manitoba Provincial Pipeline regulations.
- Proven ability to operate with a high degree of personal initiative and work effectively, independently and in a team environment.
- Previous project management experience would be an asset.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, please submit your resume using the form on this page.