Location: Calgary, AB or Estevan, SK
Reporting to the Manager, Enhancement & Sustainment Projects the Project Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in the support of the project management process throughout the development, planning, design, procurement, construction, and wrap-up stages of the project lifecycle within the Projects, Engineering, and Integrity Department. The position will focus on project proposal development for key stakeholders, and includes managing the complete implementation of select projects, with minimal assistance and supervision.
- Provide a variety of pipeline and facility systems project management related technical services to internal stakeholders for project development, planning, construction, and maintenance activity required by the Kingston Midstream Enhancement, Sustainment & Integrity Management Programs.
- Determine concept feasibility, scope definition, cost/schedule estimation, risk assessment/mitigation and front-end engineering development to support project proposals for Business Development or other customers.
- Manage the design and technical execution of large multi-disciplinary projects within approved scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ensure mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, measurement, and operations project requirements are understood and managed by coordinating teams with assistance from subject matter experts when required.
- Ensure facilities are designed so that pipeline systems can operate in a safe and efficient manner with minimal environmental impact.
- Direct and delegate the efforts of internal and external departments, consultants, and contractors to ensure that project scope, schedules and budgets meet company objectives.
- Work independently on varied assignments requiring a broad knowledge of engineering, design, and inter-related effects of the work on other areas of the project cycle/enterprise.
- Recommend design decisions and present to stakeholders for review.
- Ensure decision making is guided by applying standard procedures; modify procedures to refine methods for continuous improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Mechanical, Electrical or Civil discipline preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer within Canada. Eligible for registration with APEGS or APEGM.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Project Management and Design; preferably in the midstream industry.
- Familiarity with CSA Z662, National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations, and Saskatchewan and Manitoba Provincial Pipeline regulations.
- Proven ability to operate with a high degree of personal initiative and work effectively, independently and in a team environment.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted, please submit your resume using the form on this page.